Current Posting: Translation Services
Date Posted: October 10, 2023
The Culture Alliance, a joint culture committee serving Beausoleil First Nation, the Towns of Midland and Penetanguishene, and the Townships of Tay and Tiny, is seeking quotes to provide translation services from English language documents into Anishinaabemowin.
This is an ongoing request for Anishinaabemowin translation services for various documents
including, but not limited to, correspondence, social media posts, website updates, documents,
The project budget is based on an as needed basis, but translation fees will be in line with other
comparable translation fee structures. Fee structure as follows:
• translation for the first 50 (fifty) words or three sentences at a rate of $50.
• for each additional English word in the translation, the fee would be $1.00 per word.
NOTE: All requested translations will be provided in a timely manner but not later than three
weeks after the initial request is made, or other timeline as mutually agreed-upon in advance
with the Culture Alliance.
Applications, including a cover letter, résumé and references, are due by 12 noon on Tuesday
October 31, 2023, and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT ZIP files as they will
not be received. If files are too large to email, a link to a OneDrive folder will be provided upon
Application packages must include:
• Contact name and information, as well as website and social media accounts, if applicable.
• Well-grounded in the Anishinaabemowin language through training or lived experience
• Recognized by their community as being well-versed in Anishinaabemowin
• Experience in translating from English to Anishinaabemowin
• Provide the names of three community members and/or professional references supporting their ability to transcribe written Anishinaabemowin fluently, with contact information
• Excellent communication skills
• Punctual response to requests for service; three-week response time, or other mutually agreed-upon timeline as needed